Delete arrghh
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts]
10 year
Hi

The 'Delete' button is right next to the 'Edit' button. Problem is, there is no 'Undo' button, unless I have not found it, so if you have laboriously edited a profile, and you press the delete button by mistake, there is no recovery mechanism?

Regards
Roland
john wood from United Kingdom  [5 posts] 10 year
yes, I have done the same thing on a few occasions.
I was going to mention it myself.
I have also moved modules up or down the pipe line when I have ment to scroll and not noticed until the pipe line starts doing different things...but that could just be me...:-)

does not take away from a fantastic piece of software and backup....
John
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Fair enough! We've had the same thoughts too. We'll add undo/redo buttons for the pipeline.

Would you also expect it to undo any configuration changes? That wouldn't be evident in the pipeline (we'll add a message or something) but might be useful if you made changes to a couple modules that you know want to back out of.

STeven.
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts] 10 year
Hi Steven,
Redo/Undo would be a great boon as most of my button mistakes are done in the wee hours and that is the worst time to remember what was accidently deleted.
A "Changes window" or similar would also benefit the user experience...GREAT

Thanks for your speedy response
John
Roland from South Africa  [107 posts] 10 year

Hi Steven

I think the simplest patch would be a 'Confirm delete' since this is a 'forward' step in the program rather than having to buffer deleted functions.

I repeat a function with different parameters, then Disable one or the other until I get the what I want.

The other thing would be an automatic save function. Sometimes I get lost in wildly adding functions and forget to save. Then if it crashes I loose the good and the bad ;-)

An auto save could be timed, or triggered on the 'ok' button.

I must add though, that these are the perceptions of a novice RR user, so experienced users might deem them trivial.

Regards
Roland
Roland & John,

Undo and Redo buttons have been added to help undo accidental operations. Also, if the system crashes it will try to save the currently used pipeline ... but sometimes this is not possible if the pipeline was corrupted. We'll look at the ability to occasionally save the pipeline as an additional backup.

STeven.
Roland from South Africa  [1 posts] 10 year
Hi STeven

Sounds great. Already downloaded.

I was having difficulty with your payments page. I want to pay with credit card, but it keeps reverting to Paypal. There is no option of:
* Select "Don't have a paypal account" in paypal to pay with a credit card.

as said at the bottom of your payments page.

Ok, I presume I can't use my credit card if purchasing from South Africa?

Regards
Roland

Its possible that the page differs depending on the country. We see

which includes that link that you can progress without a CC.

Seems like you figured something out though.

STeven.
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts] 10 year
Thanks Steven, the back-up, problem solving and RD is fantastic..

Great product!

Cheers
John

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index