Visual basic interface
Dave Everett from Australia  [18 posts]
11 year
Is there a complete description somewhere of how to use Roborealm variables and functions for VB?

For example I was attempting to use saveimage last night and it complained I did not have the correct number of arguments. Searching I could not find a description of this function.

Thanks,
Dave
Anonymous 11 year
Did you download the API Example's

http://www.roborealm.com/downloads/API.zip

There is a folder for Visual Basic .Net
Dave Everett from Australia  [18 posts] 11 year
Yes I had downloaded the api examples, I'm using VB6.

Surely somewhere is a complete listing of the available functions and their syntax, variables and usage.

Dave
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Dave,

There isn't an explicit document for VB but if you have a look at the test.vb file there are examples for all api functions which may help.

The goal of the API was to have very few functions as most of the functionality is how the pipeline is configured. As we have the API in so many languages it seemed better just to have examples in each language than a central documentation for the API in one language.

Hope that helps.

STeven.
Dave Everett from Australia  [18 posts] 10 year
Thanks Steve,
I appreciate you want to keep the functions to a minimum.

Can you tell me what is valid for the double quotes as the first argumenrt in the save function?

' save that image back to disk .. note that we can switch extensions
        rr.saveImage "", "c:\temp\remo.jpg"
                              ^^
I assume it is the same type of argument ion the getimage function as well.

Thanks,
Dave
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 10 year
Dave,

The first parameter is the name of the image. There are 2 default names "source" (the original unprocessed image) and "processed" (the final image generated after all the modules have done their work. BUT you can also put in any image that you name using the Marker module. The Marker module will associate a name with what is currently in view in RoboRealm at that point in the pipeline. It is also often used to switch the current image back to the source image to reprocess it for another attribute. So, any word you use to identify an image can also be within that first "".

But most often it is just left to "" which means "processed".

STeven.
Dave Everett from Australia  [18 posts] 10 year
Thanks Steve

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index