Windows 8 RT
Danh from United States  [79 posts]
11 year
Steven,

Any plans for Roborealm to support Windows 8 RT? Cheap ~$250 7" Windows 8 RT tablets will be hitting the market soon and would make a nice robot platform if running Roborealm. I also believe Windows RT support native C++ so maybe a Roborealm port isn't too painful.

Thanks!
Danh
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Danh,

Actually the architecture is quite different and would require a porting of the app ... not as bad as convering to a completely different platform but still a lot of work. It also seems that Windows RT is not a very popular platform and still undergoing some growing pains. We'll see how things develop in the coming year and decide on if a port would make sense.

Please feel free to post your experiences so we can use that when we evaluate RT.

STeven.
Danh from United States  [79 posts] 11 year
Windows RT isn't popular yet but hopefully that will change when lower cost devices hit the market. I heard that future operating systems from MS will merge the Desktop OS with the Mobile OS. I also read that the OpenCV folks are working on a Windows RT port.

THX
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Cool! Thanks for the info. If you hear about any other news with respect to Windows RT please post it here!

Thanks.
STeven.
Danh from United States  [79 posts] 11 year
Looks like some of these small 8" tablets will have full blown Windows 8 instead of Windows 8 RT!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2037466/amazon-accidentally-leaks-worlds-first-small-screen-windows-8-tablet.html

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index