Axis m1013 Compadibility
Anonymous
11 year
Our axis m206 camera recently broke and we are looking for a new camera replacement.  Unfortunately, the axis 206 and axis m1011 are not commonly sold anymore, and the only camera left is the axis m1013.  Before we purchase this camera, I was just wondering if it is compatible.  
Thanks
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
If you can find one of those cameras accessible online (look for streaming webcams or Axis demos) we can certainly test it. That's the best way to determine if things will work. While it might be the next rev from the same manufacturer that's unfortunately no guarantee that it will work the same as the older versions. We've come across many products that completely change their protocol specifics even with minor version changes.

STeven.
Anonymous 11 year
It seems that I cannot find a stream online.  In theory though, if the Axis Internet Camera module does not work, I can use the HTTP Read instead?
In theory yes, but again if they do something strange like tunneling then it will not work ... so not guarantee. However, if you purchase one and can place it online then we might be able to update the Axis module to support that version if there is any difference.

STeven.
Anonymous 11 year
Thanks.
It seems that we've taken the risk and ordered one.  I'll let you know how it goes in a few days.  
Anonymous 11 year
So, I just tested it with the axis module.  Everything seems to be working very well.  The only problem is that there is no option for 800x600 resolution.  
Good to hear! We added a selection for the m1013 that will add in the 800x600 resolution. Grab the latest version to get that addition.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index