RR very slow on desktop
Thaddeus Roppel from United States  [2 posts]
12 year
The trial version runs fine on my laptop (Win7), but it runs very slowly on my desktop (Win XP).  It's not just the pipeline commands - it takes a long time to display drag & drop images, and to respond to any GUI buttons, including Exit. The desktop is a well equipped machine and I do a lot of video editing, etc. on it. I have re-installed and rebooted to no avail.
Syfy from Netherlands  [18 posts] 12 year
what is the software that is also running on your system?
(win xp is perfect)
have you checked windows taskmanager to see what your processes
are dowing.
the non active systemproces always uses a lot of cpu,(that is normal)
you can close some of the processes to test for chanse in system proformens.
(first reboot or save your unsaved files/work)

pushing alt+ctrl+del while popup windows taskmanager.

Syfy
Thaddeus Roppel from United States  [2 posts] 12 year
Nothing unusual. I run lots of simulations, video editing, graphics on this machine with no problem. With nothing else running, Task Manager shows almost all idle, RR takes 2-3% CPU at max, but usually 1%. The RR GUI takes 20 -30 seconds to load any images, and won't show video camera at all. Likewise, it takes about 20 seconds just to exit. Strangely it runs fine on my laptop or on my desktop at work. It acts like it's fighting with something, but I don't have anything unusual installed.
Anonymous 12 year
Thad,

Try starting RoboRealm while holding down the CTRL key. This causes RR to start without trying to attach to a camera or other imaging device. This should prevent any timing issues and allow it to run as fast as possible.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index