Trapezium crop
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts]
12 year
Hi STeven,

Is it possible to crop trapezium shapes? As the area gets smaller due to perspective, i think it would be useful to be able crop trapezium shapes in addition to rectangular shapes.
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts] 12 year
sorry let me elaborate, as the distance gets further the object or scene (like a road or pavement or corridor) gets smaller due to perspective.
Anonymous 12 year
As images cannot exist outside of the rectangular shape unless they have a mask or alpha channel I'm not sure what is achieved by doing this. You can always zero out parts of an image by ANDing it with a mask that is white where you want parts to go through and black where you do not. But when it comes to the actual shape of an image ultimately they have to be rectangular ... but the content within can be styled in any direction.

STeven.
Thanks. ANDing the image with a mask should do the job.
On the other-hand if i applied a mask and did an edge detection, the edges of the mask will also be detected. Could i apply an alpha channel instead?
Anonymous 12 year
Apply the mask AFTER the edge detection.

:-)

STeven.
Yes you are right :D (i initially thought i could not follow that sequence..... but on second thought i probably can)

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index