illegal parking
allan from Singapore  [1 posts]
12 year
Hi
I would like to know if RR can be given a bitmap from a camera and then it processes the bitmap and determines if a car has parked illegally at designated spots in the bitmap.

I would like to know if RR can also determine that a car or car(s) have waited a a no waiting zone..

of course RR has to determine that there is really a car there and not somebody walking or standing there.

I am trying to look for a way to prevent blockage of  a hospital emergency bay. .as opposed to sending some guard to be there all day.

can the experts comment?

Regds
Allan
Anonymous 12 year
Allan,

Yes, this is possible. Knowing the difference between a person and a car illegally parked should not be an issue. Knowing if the *right* car is parked in the spot could be more tricky. Do you have a couple images and or video that you can share that is from such a camera? That always helps answer a bunch of questions about the camera angle, allowed car characteristics, size of people in the image, etc. If you can post a video somewhere (megaupload, dropbox) that would certainly help move this question forward.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index