irobot create 'demo variable'
Jared Thorlakson from Canada  [11 posts]
13 year
Whenever I set something for the variable, I seem unable to get manual control of the motors back.  I've tried using set_variable to set the variable I linked to 'Demo variable' to a blank, but I still can't control my motors.  Any idea how I can take back control after running a demo (like 'Home')?
Anonymous 13 year
Jared,

We noticed that too. Unfortunately when the robot enters into Demo mode it just ignores any of the other commands send over a connection to a PC. It's a bit unfortunate but that appears to be the way it works.

The next best solution would be to emulate the docking procedure using the IR signal and some interesting motor control parameters ... we've not done this but believe that you have all the info from the sensors you need to accomplish this.

STeven.
Jared Thorlakson from Canada  [11 posts] 13 year
I discovered the reason that the motor control is lost is that the create goes into 'passive' OI.  Changing the variable to passive and back to safe or full seems to get full motor control back.
Anonymous 13 year
Jared,

Thanks! That seems to work. We've updated that module to switch back to the selected mode which will interrupt the demo mode whenever the motor values change. This was tested with a 500 series.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index