Anonymous 13 year
Correction. One computer and one robot total.
Anonymous 13 year
Hey, Steven. I wrote to you , but my post got erased.  I just wanted to say I was going to test the kinect by installing windows7. But, the program won't let me run it. It thinks it's on another machine.  Please help!

I will be updating ram and may be moving back to XP if I cannot make this work with my robot.  So far I have installed it on the robot once and on this machine a gazillion times trying to make the kinect work.

Please help me correct this problem.

Thank You for all of your efforts,

Mel
Anonymous 13 year
Mel,

We deleted your last post to avoid spammers from picking up your email address that you included in the spam. I did email you to mention that we resolved the situation and you should be good to go again.

STeven.
Anonymous 13 year
Steven,

Thank you so much.  I did not get your email. But, I was afraid you were angry.  I was just home from my boss cracking the whip on my back and had a bad day at work.  When I couldn't get RR to work to make the test, I got frustrated.
     NEVER think that I take you guys for granted. You are Really nice people and hard workers.

Thanks for not getting angry. I will have the reports of my tests sent to you this PM after work. I don't know if my robot will accept win7 and work correctly. But, if it does, I will maybe upgrade. But, if it does not, I will continue to try to get Kinect working with xp.

Thanks,

Happy Holidays and God Bless!!
Mel
Anonymous 13 year
Good News, I think!  I fired up RR and the Kinect on windows7. It worked the first time. But, it always does. So I closed it and opened it  about 10 times. It worked flawlessly.  I think it is going to work fine with win7. But, the only real hurdle I have is to make it work with my robot.  So, I may be carting it back to windowsxp.  But, I am now very optimistic.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks,
Mel
Anonymous 13 year
I can also install windows xp Home edition if this will make it easier.

Mel

P.S. I am told that my robot may have issues with win7.
Anonymous 13 year
Steven,

I installed everything with regular windows xp home edition. Same thing. Did not work. So it looks like unless it changes, I will have to use win7 if I want them to work together. Unless you guys come up with a  fix.

Thanks,

Mel

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index