AVR Navigator
Dave West from United States  [16 posts]
13 year
Does the body inertia setting of the AVM Navigator module ramp the movement variables up and down? I'm worried that giving a simple on or off command to my motors will tear up the gearbox.

Thanks,

Dave
EDV  [328 posts] 13 year
Dave,

Thank you for good idea it is really important moment for big (heavy) robots. And of course I will implement it (ramp mode) in next modification to soon.

Dmitriy.
Dave West from United States  [16 posts] 13 year
Thanks for the quick response. Another suggestion would be to create a variable for center of recognized object, similar to RR's COG_X. The bigger the offset between the screen center and the center of the object, the bigger the value of the variable.
Presently my robot looks at COG_X and COG_BOX_SIZE. These values are mapped to a servos working range (my motor controller takes servo signals) so the speed of the motors is proportional to the offset. This naturally ramps the speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZzqpCOhu4

Dave
EDV  [328 posts] 13 year
What if you try to use:
CenterOfObject_X =  NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_X[i] + NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_W[i]/2;
CenterOfObject_Y =  NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_Y[i] + NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_H[i]/2

where: i - index of object  in array

-== Retrieve the recognized objects as array ==-
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_X - left-top corner X coordinate of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_Y - left-top corner Y coordinate of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_W - width of recognized object
NV_ARR_OBJ_RECT_H - height of recognized object

Or is this way not convenient?
that would work also.
Thanks,

Dave
EDV  [328 posts] 13 year
Navigator plugin was updated. Now you can redownload the RoboRealm package for getting changes.

Now variables: NV_FORWARD, NV_BACKWARDS, NV_TURRET_LEFT, NV_TURRET_RIGHT is changing as ramp when turret/body inertia bigger than 0.

The variables: NV_LEFT and NV_RIGHT indicate when the robot should move forward or backwards to the left or right side (0 – off, 1 – on).

If body inertia (for example) is 4 then variables NV_FORWARD and NV_BACKWARDS will increase up to 5 when signal is activated and further will keep in this value.

For example see variables definition for motors in C terms:

int RightMotorForward     = (NV_FORWARD     && !NV_RIGHT) ? NV_FORWARD     : 0;
int RightMotorBackwards = (NV_BACKWARDS && !NV_LEFT  ) ? NV_BACKWARDS : 0;
int LeftMotorForward       = (NV_FORWARD     && !NV_LEFT  ) ? NV_FORWARD     : 0;
int LeftMotorBackwards   = (NV_BACKWARDS && !NV_RIGHT) ? NV_BACKWARDS : 0;
Juan Manuel Vargas Hernández from Mexico  [4 posts] 13 year
Dave,

Can you to explain me the battery system of your robot? My robot using the RD02 kif of Devantech and the instructions show a 12 v battery and a 3+3 amp by motors. Now the robot working with 8 AA batteries but is for short time. The cuestión is I can connect directly a 12 v dc 7 or 12 amp  acid battery  to my md25 drive system? or I need a regulador no for volts, for ampers.

Thanks, your robot is very nice.

My robot uses a Sabertooth motor controller which can take 6-24 VDC. My motors are 12VDC, so I'm using a 12 lead acid batt.
I think the problem you're having is with the 8AA batteries. AA batts don't have the current to drive your motors for very long. The manual for the MD25 suggests a 12 volt batt. I used the type of sealed lead acid battery you'd use for emergency lighting or alarm systems. Something similar to this would work:
http://www.batteriesplus.com/product_search/32635-Werker-12V-7-dot5AH-AGM-Battery-W_--dot250-Terminal-DASH--DASH-WKA12--7-dot5F2.aspx

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index