Unseening camera
Rick from United States  [4 posts]
13 year
I have been testing several cameras to test sensitivity to several wave lengths of lasers.  So I have had to switch my camera source several times.  This seems to work fine until the last two times.  I switch from a DLink IP cam (that Roborealm updated so I could use it, thanks again) and standard Logitech Orbit MP.  At this point I can use the Dlink at any time, but when I set the camera to Orbit MP in "Options" and hit the camera button, I get a black image with a few color pixes in the bottom left.  I check the camera using the Logitech software and the image is fine.  I checked to see if I had set some image up, though I don't remember testing any dark frame at all.  I believe it is set up to the camera as source.

So, I have tried uninstalling Roborealm and reinstalling. same issue.  I have tried uninstalling the Logitech/reboot/reinstall, same issue.  I have tried uninstalling Roborealm and Logitech/reboot/reinstall both, same issue.  The Dlink works fine throughout.

Originally after trying to process a red laser dot and then reading that the many webcams can't do it and see it as a bright with dot, I tried other laser colors.  I saw this clearly in the image and the processing in Roborealm, which is why I started experimenting in other colors.
Rick from United States  [4 posts] 13 year
Well, I uninstalled/reinstalled one more time and it is working fine again.
Anonymous 13 year
Rick,

Thanks for the followup. Was it RR or the camera that you uninstalled/installed one last time and it worked?

STeven.
Rick from United States  [4 posts] 13 year
Sorry the missing info.  I uninstalled Roborealm and reinstalled the last time.  

So the sequence was Uninstall/Reboot/Install/Reboot (U/R/I/R) Logitech software, no change. U/R/I/R Roborealm, no change. U/R/I/R both Logitech and Roborealm, no change. U/R/I/R Roborealm, picture shows.  During this time I monitored all registry changes. Only registry changes having to do wtih Logitech and Roborealm was seen on the log.  I also updated and ran a malware check, no issues.

<sigh> I hate it when things start working for no ascertainable reason, but it does let me get back to my development.  

On  that subject, THANKS for updating for green lasers!  How about blue? They are fairly cheap now, too, about twice the price of a green...
Anonymous 13 year
Rick,

Thanks.

If you can post a pic of the blue laser in use we can certainly add that (i.e. we need something to test against).

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index