Paint of the field
Vnik from Colombia  [13 posts]
13 year
Hello!

In the project im doing right now I have a ´testbed´, a 'field´ that is made with straw carton and that I painted with black vinyl.

My question is: what is the best kind of paint in order to have better results with the image processing? which kind of paint gives less noise? I have a static over head video camera from Logitech and I use it at 640x480, RGB24. I use only RGB filters for the three primary colors.

I know this would sounds like a stupid question but I guess the kind of paint should influence the processing, due light noise, hue, contrast... etc..

Thanks a lot in advance.
Anonymous 13 year
Vnik,

Ideally you would use a non-glossy paint, i.e. one that does NOT reflect light well and appears as a matte surface. Reflections are tricky to deal with so the less reflective a surface the better.

In terms of color, the closer you can get to a pure Red, Green or Blue the better as these color will be picked up best by most cameras and provide the purest colors to filter against.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index