surveyor SRV
lubee from United States  [12 posts]
14 year
Hi Guys,

Im doing a new project with surveyor SRV(carmera only). In this project, I will set the carema above a conveyor belt and overlook the parts ridng along the conveyor belt. The parts are basic geometrical shape. All I need to know is how to use roborealm to read the images from surveyor SRV camera and tell the difference between two shapes. Then send a signal out to start the sorting system to kick out the defect parts. So do you think it is doable? Please let me know. Thanks

Lubee
Anonymous 14 year
Lubee,

Yes, this sounds doable. Can you post here images of the two shapes plus an image of no shape and we will see if we can help you out.

You'll be using the Shape_Match module to perform this task but with some pre-processing to isolate the shape from the conveyor belt.

STeven.
lubee from United States  [12 posts] 14 year
Sure, but the first priority is how to get the images from the Surveyor SRV-1 Blackfin camera? On the Surveyor SRV-1 interface documentation site, it says  "At an image size of 80x64 you should get around 4 fps". I guess my shapes are bigger than this. Does that mean I will get lower fps if I use big image size? Do you know anything about it? I have no idea how to capture the image from Surveyor_SRV1b, by the way I am using wifi connection. Thanks!
Anonymous 14 year
You were probably looking at the pre-SRV1b documentation that used the Zigbee interface which is slower than the 802.11 BUT you will still get slower fps for larger images regardless. The actual rate will depend on the image size you need (320x240, 640x480, etc.), the clarity of the wireless signal and perhaps the amount of light in the scene.

To interface to the SRV-1 you would just need the correct IP address and enter that into the SRV1b module interface. You should get the image into the main RoboRealm interface if you are using the correct IP and Port number for the board. You can also try the Surveyor java software that comes with the SRV or is available on the SRV website as an additional test.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index