im new to vision robotics plz help me in making a ball follower with atmega32
niebeee from India  [3 posts]
14 year
hi im new with vision robotics but very much familiar with mcu projects,i find robo realm using some kit modules,i want to do a ball follower with mcu,dc motors,rs 232 comunication,normal webcam,so i request u to plz help in these area
Anonymous from United Kingdom  [99 posts] 14 year
Your best bet is to run a small laptop like an EEE pc on the robot or a wireless camera so that you can do your processing in roborealm.  Use roborealm to find the center of the ball relative to the center of the screen and then pass that to the ATMEGA via a serial connection. Your atmega will handle driving the motors based on the error between the center of the ball and the center of the screen.  Take a look at Steven's project on the color tracking cannon to get some ideas.

good luck!
niebeee from India  [3 posts] 14 year
thank u...
niebeee from India  [3 posts] 14 year
i was sucessfull in finding cog,and send it to atmega,after that i was stuck up how to navigate robot towards the object l.e red ball or something by atmega(algorithm).. could u plz help in using the cog values and navigating robot towards object using atmega32
Anonymous 14 year
Yes, you can find that in the tutorials section of the website.

Basically, if the X coordinate of the COG is to the left of the center of the screen them move right, if it is to the right then move left. I.e. try to keep the object as best you can in the middle of the screen.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index