changing values on a webpage
spacehermit from United States  [28 posts]
14 year
So I'm trying to get my parallax servo controller card to interface with a webpage.
I can get the webpage to change variable values and move the servos, with getvariable and setvariable.  But I can't get the servo position to go to the webpage.  For example moving a slider to show the position of the servo. Is there a vbscript command that I'm missing that will change a value on the webpage?  Or what would you recommend I do so that I can have roborealm feed variable values to the webpage that aren't only in the video feed screen?  Thanks
Anonymous 14 year
spacehermit,

If you download 2.15.2 we included a short example in the index.html file that shows how to use the get_variable to update the image count. Note that this example uses a 1 sec polling to get that information. Hopefully you can see how to extend this to your usage.

Note that the returned variables are in Javascript format and executed such that a new variable with the appropriate value is created. This is a nice way to avoid having to parse the variable information on return.

Note that you should backup your index.html before re-installing RR over your current install otherwise you may lose any changes you have made to the index.html file.

STeven.
spacehermit from United States  [28 posts] 14 year
That works great, exactly what I needed.  Thanks

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index