-apiport and -newinstance broken
Anonymous from United Kingdom  [99 posts]
14 year
It seems like -apiport and -newinstance are broken in newer versions.  2.5.2 and the newest 2.11.6.

In 2.5.2 -newinstance works great as long as the multiple instances flag is set.  However, the -apiport flag wasn't opening a new api port or turning on the api server.  I didn't notice this until I was trying to work with multiple cameras (on the robot and overhead)

In 2.11.6  both flags crash out with a "image filename @#$@#$ missing" dialog.   This is probably a new feature breaking an old feature.  I get this error message from the command prompt or programmatically.   I am then crashing out during the connect to the apiport that isn't open.  (socket.error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it)

If I open the apiport in roborealm, close roborealm (saving to the ini file) things work fine programmatically.  I can talk to roborealm from my applications just fine.  I can work around it using this (At least I could in 2.5 where I could spawn new instances with different ini files)

Any ideas?
Thanks,
mmason
Anonymous 14 year
profmason,

Can you try

-new_instance

and

-api_port

i.e. with the underscore in the middle. We also get the same errors when using newinstance and apiport (i.e. no underscore) but with an underscore it seems to work out ok.

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous from United Kingdom  [99 posts] 14 year
Uh was that all? That was an awfully nice way of putting it!!!!   Ok, -api_port and -new_instance work just fine.  The error was in my use of POpen and doing list to string conversions.  It hadn't been working right all along.  However the new "image not available" feature will help me debug in the future!

Thanks,
mmason

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index