Vivotek wireless camera
Anonymous
14 year
Can someone please help me to get roborealm working on my vivotek camera.
http://www.vivotek.com/products/model.php?network_camera=pz71x2
I am new to roborealm and just cant seem to get it to work.I am connecting to my camera by wireless ad hoc .The camera works fine with supplied software but not Roborealm. Thanks.
Anonymous 14 year
Most IP cameras have their own proprietary protocol that they use to communicate with the camera. So unless RR already supports it, it is very unlikely that it will work.

We tried to get their demos up and running to test but none seem to work. Are you able to make your camera available over the internet so that we can investigate further?

STeven.
Anonymous 14 year
I wish I could make it available but unfortunately I have satelite internet with a very strict limit on usage.Thanks for your time and I will be watching for future updates.If roborealm supports my camera in the future I will gladly purchase it.I will upload a picture shortly of my project.
Anonymous 14 year
here is what I am working on.Just a 4 wheel drive rock crawler with a camera.
Anonymous 14 year
sorry didnt work

Anonymous 14 year
One quick try ... can you customize the below url to your machine and port number and see what it returns in a web browser? Ideally a jpg image should appear ... if so we could use that as a video stream.

http://127.0.0.1:1025/cgi-bin/viewer/video.jpg

i.e. change the 127.0.0.1 to your camera ip address and the 1025 to the correct port number.

STeven.
Anonymous 14 year
Hey it worked. I received a picture in my browser window .Now how to make roborealm read my video?I can get full video in my browser just by typing my camera ad hoc address .Just need roborealm to read it now.
Anonymous 14 year
Ok, we adjusted the READ_HTTP module to allow for a direct jpg image being returned. It seems that that url does not adhere directly to the HTTP standard and simply returns a binary jpg image. Adjusting the READ_HTTP module to also allow for this should allow you to use that image within RoboRealm. Can you try downloading the latest version and give it a try?

STeven.
Bob from United States  [2 posts] 14 year
Thanks for fixing but unfortunately when I installed the new version I now get an error message saying my trial version has expired.I will give it a try on another pc that I am in the process of building as soon as all of my parts are in and let you know how its working.You are one Kool Guy in my book for taking your time and making an update just for me.Thanks again.
Anonymous 14 year
Bob,

We extended your trial period by a month. You will have to download the app again using the same link you got via email. Installing your current copy on a new machine will not reactivate the trial period.

STeven.
Bob from United States  [2 posts] 14 year
Thanks for extending my trial but I still cannot obtain in image in roborealm.
Anonymous 14 year
Could you include the robofile that you are using for testing for us to double check?

Also, are you still able to use the browser with the url to see the image?

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index