License Limitations?
David Mathews from United States  [2 posts]
15 year
I just need to know the license limitations. It the license machine locked, or licensed to the user?

I need to know if one license can be run on my development machine as well as the robot with an embedded Windows board? Or will it take an extra license for the first and additional robots?.

The robots are wifi to load access only, test and software development is done on a desktop machine and then deployed.

Thanks,
David
Anonymous 15 year
David,

The license is to a machine. (This allows many people to use the application as long as it remains on the same machine).

But in the EULA the following line should cover your situation:

* Secondary Computers. You may also make 1 copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a secondary embedded computer such as those found in robots or other mobile hardware systems.

So yes, the license allows you to run and make two copies. One on your desktop and one on your robot. As this is often the case of using a control/dev PC to deploy to a robot we consider this a single unit in terms of licensing.

STeven.
David Mathews from United States  [2 posts] 15 year
Thanks!
That's what I needed to know.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index