Bug in Path Planning
pranavtrehun007 from United Kingdom  [33 posts]
15 year
Hi Steven,

There seems to be a bug in the path planning module. If I use the path planning tutorial, the waypoints remain fixed and don't move if the number of blobs or their location is changed. The coordinates of the waypoints don't seem to update and have a static value.

I am using the latest version of RoboRealm v 2.1.2.1

With Regards,

Pranav
Anonymous 15 year
Pranav,

That is correct. According to the way the robofile is written you have to press the reset button in the button interface in order to read in new blob coordinates. This was done to prevent too much noise from causing an issue during the execution of the path.

If you want to update in realtime simply delete the

If INTERFACE_RESET = 1

from the pipeline and that should do it.

STeven.
pranavtrehun007 from United Kingdom  [33 posts] 15 year
Hi STeven,

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate that you put in so much hard work in helping Roborealm users :)  

As for the path planning module, I had tried removing the If statement as well as pressing the button. But both the techniques don’t have any effect.

Regards,
Pranav Trehun
Anonymous 15 year
Pranav,

Could you include the robofile you are using to test this with a sample image?

Perhaps there is something about your robofile and/or image that is causing the issue.

STeven.
STeven,

I have attached the roborealm file and the image.
The blue object is the robot and the purple tape are the markers.

Regards,
Pranav

program.robo
Anonymous 15 year
Pranav,

There were two issues here. One is the first rgb filter is checking for green ... you have a blue object ... so checking for blue instead of green will work better.

Second, the array being generated from the blob filter was a floating (decimal point) which was caused by a change a couple weeks ago. The path plannning module was not adjusted to like those arrays. This has been fixed.

Please download 2.1.2.2 for the module fix and see your robofile below.

Thanks,
STeven.
program.robo
Thank you STeven :-)

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index