RR showing in Taskmanager, but no window visible
vi  [7 posts]
17 year
I ran RR once and it ran fine. Then I selected a camera source and it showed video from the capture card. But after a few minutes a dialog came up and said RR had encountered an error and needed shutdown.

Now when I try to run it, RR.exe shows in the taskmanager, but now window is visible. I have deleted all files in the RR folder and re-extracted from a zip file (after restart), but all to no avail.
RR startup
Anonymous
17 year
Try holding down the CTRL key when starting up RoboRealm. That causes it to reset some of its internal parameters and not load up anything. Give that a try and see if that helps ... perhaps the camera you selected has a strange format that we did not anticipate. What kind of camera is it?

STeven.
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
I tried holding down the CTRL key, but it did not work.

I also replace the FreeImage and Phantom dlls in the roborealm dir.

I was using a USB connected Intel Play microscope as the video source.

How can I do a clean uninstall. Although the FreeImage and Phantom dlls are in the roborealm directory, The initial email I got to download roborealm
stated that I needed to down load and install Phantom dll and FreeImage. So there are instances of these dlls else where on my machine. Should I uninstall these seperately installed dlls or are they even used by roborealm?
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
Also, I cannot kill the malfunctioning roborealm process from Taskmanager. I have to reboot.
Registry Issues
Anonymous
17 year
The one thing that holding the CTRL key down while starting RR does not do it turn off the video camera. So it seems that you probably are stuck in a Directshow driver ... that would explain your inability to kill of that task.

To remedy this situation:

1. Type regedit in Windows Start->Run
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->RoboRealm
3. Delete that RoboRealm key. It will ask about deleting all the children which is fine.
4. Startup RoboRealm again while holding down the CTRL key.

This should be the same as if you just unzip RoboRealm and are starting it for the first time.

We'll include these updates in our next release to help others but I wanted to be sure to get a solution out to you ASAP.

Let us know how it goes.

STeven.
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
Removing the registry keys worked.

Thank you.
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
When I clicked the camera button to freeze the video and the clicked the camera button to un-freeze the video, an windows error message came up indicating that RR will shut down.

RR crashed and left the following info in event viewer:

Faulting application roborealm.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x7484902c.

Faulting application roborealm.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x000370f0.

New version
Anonymous
17 year
We've just uploaded a new version. Can you try and see if you get the same behavior with selecting and then unselecting the Camera button after downloading RR again?

Also, does the video work at all?

Thanks,
STeven.
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
Actually, since clearing the registry key, I have been using the Pinnacle DV/AV capture driver. Video worked great except for the Camera button issue.

I just downloaded the latest version and now RR cannot connect to the Pinnacle DV/AV drivers.

How can I get the previous version. I over wrote the previous version with this latest version.

Thanks
VFW vs DirectX
Anonymous
17 year
Ok, we've update the routines that handle the selection between VFW and DirectX to allow you to more easily switch between them. If you go to the camera selector in the options dialog you will see all your DirectShow camera AND a "Microsoft WDM Image Capture" which is the VFW drivers. Try selecting that and then click on the Video Source button to see if you can get the Pinnacle video back. The directShow drivers are easier .. you just select one and that will switch the main camera image to that driver. Note that since VFW does NOT support more than one camera at a time you cannot have more than one VFW camera running OR the same camera in VFW and DirectX.

STeven.
vi  [7 posts] 17 year
I am able to get to the Pinnacle DV/AV, but once I select it I get the error message "Could not connect to 'Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32)'. Is your video camera/device plugged in?".

The pinnacle card is indeed in the PCI slot and the camera powered up and connected to the card.

When you say "we've update the routines that handle the selection between VFW and DirectX ", does that mean I need to download an even newer version
than RoboReal.exe [File Version = 1,1,0,1]?

Sorry to be so much trouble, but  I am really excited about getting to use RoboReal. Thanks for all the help so far.
Anonymous 17 year
vi,

Did the pop that had the Pinnacle Dropdown dialog in it popup before selecting the Video Source button? It appears to be grayed out in your screenshot which does not seem to make sense. Just to be sure can you download RR again and see if when WDM is selected that the video source button is active.

Thanks!
STeven.
Anonymous 17 year
I downloaded the newer version (1.7.2.19) and everything seems to be working. THANKS

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index