Bug selecting 2nd of 2 identical cameras
Emil Valkov  [16 posts]
15 year
I have a total of 3 cameras on my laptop:
Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000
Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 #2
Laptop Intergrated Webcam

Under RR v1.8.23.27, when I select "Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 #2", it selects "Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000" instead.

Selecting "Laptop Intergrated Webcam" works though.

This bug wasn't present in RR v1.8.23.4, which I was using before.

Thanks,
Emil
Anonymous 15 year
Email,

Try downloading the latest version 1.8.23.29 as it should also contain a fix for this issue.

STeven.
Patrick from United Kingdom  [5 posts] 15 year
Hi Steven,
Funnily enough I am having this problem with the latest version whereby I have two Logitech Quickcam Pro9000 cameras.

On selecting camera properties i get the same camera option twice.
Whichever I select seems to give me the same camera.

On earlier versions of roborealm I would get the #2 after the second camera option.

Pat
Emil Valkov  [16 posts] 15 year
I just downloaded v1.8.23.29, and just like Pat:
-I don't see the #2 anymore.
-I do see the 2 cameras
-selecting either camera, gives me the first one.

Emil
Anonymous 15 year
Emil and Pat,

Try downloading v1.8.23.30 and give that a try.

Thanks,
STeven.
Patrick from United Kingdom  [5 posts] 15 year
Thanks Steven,
Working fine now!
Emil Valkov  [16 posts] 15 year
And for me too !

Thanks STeven.
Ian from Canada  [1 posts] 15 year
I'm having a similar problem:

Using RoboRealm V.1.8.23.31

1. I started out with running the program, I have one camera on the laptop "Logitech Laptop Camera"

2. I installed a "Logitech Messenger USB Camera"

Everything worked fine, it detected the two camera's in the options list and useing the Messenger camera worked fine.

3. Next I unplugged the Logitech Messenger Camera, and now when I run the program in the top title bar it always defaults to Messenger Camera, I can select the first Laptop camera in the options, but it its ignores this and goes back to trying the non-existent Messenger Camera.

I have tired to "uninstall" the second camera from device manager, and a fresh unpack of roboreal, no luck. Any suggestions as to what is causing this issue?

It just will not select the anything but the most recently installed USB camera...
Anonymous 15 year
Ian,

Try running RR while holding down the CTRL key. That should reset the camera grabbing to nothing .. then you should be able to select the next camera from the options dialog and then press the camera button in the main RR interface. Exiting should save that setting to the second camera. On re-running RR it should default to that camera. Let us know if this helps to change this behavior.

STeven.
patrick  [14 posts] 15 year
Hi Steven,
I am using RR 2.0.0.0 and the multiple camera issue is still giving a number of problems.I was using two Logitech quickCam pro 9000 and after a lot of messing around managed to get them both working in the pipeline.I then added a third camera of the same type and this really messed it up with RR confused over what camera was what.
I have removed the third camera but I now have problems with just the two.The program will run but when i check the camera options for the second camera it has not been selected.When i attempt to select it the resolution changes and RR stops working.
I have tried the CTRL method but the camera options one and #2 are not on the drop down list .
Hope you can help on this one.
Many thanks
Pat
Hi again,
I have read a few other similar issues in the forum and this camera ID issue seems pretty tricky to sort out.
For a fast solution would it solve my problem if I use one Logitech quickcam pro 9000 and replace the other two with say a logitech quickcam s7500(2nd cam) and logitech quickcam s5500(3rd cam)?
Would be grateful for a fast response so I can get cameras for weekend.
Thanks
Pat
Thats great work Steven!
It seems happy to work on two cams at 1600x1200 and one at 640x480 which is all I need.
I didn't even think about the dynamic resolution option so I'll bear that in mind for future projects.
Pat

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index