How i want to interface roborealm with VB.NET
Jafni from Malaysia  [29 posts]
15 year
I would like to know, how to detect shape like triangle, rectangle, circle and square? I already tried to detect shape with different color blue,green,red and yellow but it's still not accurate. I also want to know how to interface roborealm with vb.net? Your attention and cooperation are really appreciated. Sorry for my bad English.  

Anonymous 15 year
Jafni,

Have a look at the following shape matching tutorial:

http://www.roborealm.com/tutorial/Shape_Matching/slide020.php

which should help in your shape matching problem. You should be able to segment the parts from the white background using a threshold or the Grey filter in the RGB_Filter module.

You can see how to interface to RoboRealm using VB in the API examples downloaded at

http://www.roborealm.com/downloads/API.zip

STeven.
Jafni from Malaysia  [29 posts] 15 year
Thanks for your answer, but I still have question to ask, is roborealm software can detect image in whatever range? Because I want to put a camera on robot to detect image, basically range for robot and image are always changing. I also want to know how I want to use visual basic in API? Because I had try to open that folder but I don't know how to use, can you help me?
Justin Ratliff from United States  [8 posts] 15 year
Jafni,

I have used RoboRealm with VB.net.  What version of visual basic are you using?  I'm sure we can help you resolve any issues you are having.  

-Justin
Currently now I'm using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.
What kind of vb.net you are using? Any suggestion?  
I use Visual Studio 2005, but I have also used VB.net Express 2005 and Visual Studio Express 2008 with out any problems.  I have not used the 2003 version.  I don't know if that would pose a problem or not, you may want to consider trying Visual Studio express 2008, it's a free download from Microsoft.

In my vb.net application I create an interface to send commands to my robot through a wireless serial link.  I then created a roborealm link within the program, where the vb.net application would open and run the roborealm.exe, run a color/motion tracking script, display the video feed in an web browser window with in my vb.net app and send X/Y location data from roborealm on the color object being tracked to the vb.net application which the program could use to send commands to the mobile robot to follow the object.

What were you hoping to do with the vb.net to roborealm link?

-Justin
Well, I want to build a robot that can stop for a second when it detect required image and will continue to move after that. If this robot detect an image that's mean the file of that image are using so at the same time vb.net will try to open that file, if vb.net can't open that file that's mean that robot are arrived at that place and vb.net will mark that place as aready passed by.

What kind of object you are using? You use only one object or multiple object?

Sorry for my bad english....
I've only tracked 1 object at time, either skin or the color red like a coke can or the color green like a ball.  You can make it look for mutiple objects too.

To send data to vb.net you'll need to download the API package for RoboRealm.  There are samples in the download that helped me get started.  

If you want to match pictures of objects, I think you can do that better in RoboRealm than you can in vb.net.
Anonymous 15 year
Jafni,

I'd stay away from using file locking as a signaling mechanism. It is not really meant to be used in that way and there are many other better solutions.

But you should approach this issue in steps and no all at once as one solution will show the next next path to take. So lets get back to basics:

1. Have you tried to segment the above images into a black and white images? Perhaps using the Auto_Threshold module?
2. Once this is done, process each image individually and place each of them into a single folder.
3. After the auto_threshold module now add the shape_matching module and train it against that folder. Dragging any of the original images into RR should now match 100% with what is in the training folder.

We'll stop until you can get that far. Note that this REQUIRES that the shapes are easily extracted from the background. If you expect to have the shapes against a non-white background (i.e. as in your room) then you will need to use a different technique. Please include examples of those images here if that is your expectation.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index