keyboard
Anonymous
17 year
hi you roboguys,

i've tried out the new keyboard module today and found a strange behaviour... perhaps you can help me out.

i'm trying to make a little drive by wire module for my lego nxt. therefore i implemented as a first step a speedup and speeddown function with a handy vbscript. it uses variables set by the keyboard module.

i defined within the keyboard module just four keys to use:

[cursor left] lturn=1
[cursor left] rturn=0
[cursor right] lturn=0
[cursor right] rturn=1
[cursor up] speedup=1
[cursor up] speeddown=0
[cursor down] speeddown=1
[cursor down] speedup=0

after saving the project, terminating and restarting roborealm and reloading the project there were [CTRL] modifiers added to all my [cursor up/down] definitions... the others were left untouched... strange thing.

perhaps you could investitigate that?!

nevertheless: roborealm rulez! it's a great piece of software!!

greetings from germany

voodoo
minor issues with the Keyboard
Anonymous
17 year
Hi STeven,
I have found by using the Keyboard some similar Problems:
- pressing the y-Key the screen gets black - by moving the mouse some controls are returning, but the Prog must be restarted.
- If I change values of defined keys the keycode gets incremented. F.X. "t" becomes "u" etc.

I can deal with these Problems - but if you  looked at the routines it would be fine to fix them

Greetz,
Rincewind
Keyboard Fixes
Anonymous
17 year
Voodoo,

Can you redownload and try again? We were not able to replicate the issue and thus are not sure if the problem is fixed. If it is not please attach your robo-file that you are using so we can better track down the issue.

Rincewind,

We found the 't' becomes 'u' issue and have uploaded a fix. We were not able to replicate the pressing 'y' causes the screen to go blank. Which screen are you referring to? You entire computer screen? Just the RoboRealm image view? Are you using CTRL or other modifiers when pressing that key?

Thanks for the bug reports guys!

STeven.
reproduce the error
voodoo from Germany  [4 posts]
17 year
hi steven,

thank you very much for the effort you take on all of these forum requests.

i've reloaded an tested again and yes, you're right. it's hard to reproduce. my first attempt was failed too and i thought.... hmmm... the error has to sit in front of the keyboard ;)

so i loaded my former robo file with the added [ctrl]-modifiers, removed them and saved the file again. after reopening they were back in business. so it seems that if once you saved a keyboard definition with such [ctrl]-modifiers you will never get rid of them.

i've removed the <modifier> tags from the xml files via good old notepad and voila: away and never been seen again.

i've attached my actual robofile with the [ctrl]-modifiers in it for you just to see the effect but i'm sure you can now reproduce the behaviour.

once again: thank you very much and keep up the excellent work!

greetz from germany

voodoo

program.robo
reproducing the error
Rincewind from Germany  [4 posts]
17 year
I have looked again - it was the "z" key.
But it looks like this behavior is a feature the "z" key toggles to full-screen mode.
If I am moving the mouse there are popping up the coordinates and the Window controls. This behavior made me think that it is a bug. (I had turned on a flicker-filter).
So I will use another key that has no second function.
Greetz,
Rincewind
Keyboard Fixes
Anonymous
17 year
Voodoo,

That behavior is now fixed. You were correct in that the CTRL keys we not been reset when removed from the interface. Thanks for the tip!!

Rincewind,

Hmm, weird that the "z" key causes the fullscreen mode ... not sure what that is about. However, it does point out a potentially confusing point when using the keyboard module ... keys are not intercepted and are passed through to the currently focused interface. Thus you may want to use keys that do not have any current meaning in whatever program you plan to be in when using the keyboard module. The reason for this is the keyboard module hooks into the keyboard from a global level so that it can see keystrokes regardless of the program in focus. Not sure if that is a feature or a bug!!

Thanks for all the debugging guys!

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index