Functions
Anonymous
15 year
This might be a dumb question, but i cant seem to find a list of functions that the api supports. I downloaded the api examples file and opened the vb.net example. Does anybody know how i can get a complete list of functions for vb.net, thanks.        PS an example of what im asking for is in the vb.net api test file, there is rr.GetDimension(width, height) or rr.GetImage()
Anonymous 15 year
jzman,

The best way is to investigate what function the vb.net example uses is to check the COM source code that the vb.net example uses. The is located in the COM folder in the download and in the file API_Wrapper.h file. I've posted them here for reference. Note that these are in C++ format but you should be able to determine the format in vb given these. Note that the "long *res" is the returned value of the function.

Connect(BSTR hostname, long *res);
Disconnect(long *res);
GetDimension(VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
GetImage(BSTR name, VARIANT *image, VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
SetImage(BSTR name, VARIANT *image, VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height);
GetVariable(BSTR name, BSTR *res);
SetVariable(BSTR name, BSTR value, long *res);
DeleteVariable(BSTR name, long *res);
Execute(BSTR str, long *res);
LoadProgram(BSTR value, long *res);
LoadImage(BSTR name, BSTR value, long *res);
SaveImage(BSTR name, BSTR value, long *res);
SetCamera(BSTR name, long *res);
Run(BSTR name, long *res);
WaitVariable(BSTR name, BSTR value, long timeout, long *res);
WaitImage(long *res);
Open(BSTR filename, VARIANT *port, long *res);
Close(long *res);
LoadPPM(BSTR filename, VARIANT *image, VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
SavePPM(BSTR filename, VARIANT *image, VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
GetVariables(BSTR name, VARIANT *res);
SetVariables(VARIANT *names, VARIANT *values, long *res);
SetParameter(BSTR module, VARIANT *count, BSTR name, BSTR value, long *res);
GetParameter(BSTR module, VARIANT *count, BSTR name, BSTR *res);
MinimizeWindow(long *res);
MaximizeWindow(long *res);
MoveWindow(VARIANT *x, VARIANT *y, long *res);
ResizeWindow(VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
PositionWindow(VARIANT *x, VARIANT *y, VARIANT *width, VARIANT *height, long *res);
Anonymous 15 year
Thanks.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index