Image Analysis Help/Limitations?
Franklin  [23 posts]
16 year
Hello,

I have an image composed of rectangles (black and red), logos and some text.  I’m try to find where the rectangle (or rectangle corners) on the page.  The text and logo don’t really matter.    Also, some of the rectangles have spurs on the edges

1)    After converting to binary Clean and Spur don’t seem to work on the  whole image (maybe it is too large)
2)    I can’t seem to separate the large (black) and smaller (red) rectangles on the page

-    Any hints

Thanks in advance

-Franklin
Here is a sample picture
Franklin  [23 posts]
16 year
Sorry for the double posting
Anonymous 16 year
Have a look at the below robofile using your image.

The arrays are

RED_MIN_X
RED_MIN_Y
RED_MAX_X
RED_MAX_Y

BLACK_MIN_X
BLACK_MIN_Y
BLACK_MAX_X
BLACK_MAX_Y

that define the bounding box of all the shapes with the respective color. Was quite straightforward so I think we may have misunderstood what you needed. Let us know if this helps any.

STeven.
program.robo
More Image Analysis Help/Limitations?
Anonymous
16 year
Hello,

- That would almost work.   I think some of the spurs are being found.

The complication is I’m trying to cut along the edges of the rectangles [Image1]. The main problem is I ‘m trying to replace imperfect rectangles (spurs etc) [Image2] with clean rectangles staying as close as possible to the original size and position [Image3].   I’ve been working with the morphological operators but the spur function seems to have no effect.  The replace blob features seems to be thrown off a bit by the imperfections (inscribed circle etc.).    If I could clean things up and use min bounding box it might do the trick.

Any hints?

More thanks in advance

Franklin

Anonymous 16 year
Franklin,

Seems that the blob replace set to the inner rectangle gets very close. You need to remember to threshold the image prior to running the blob replace module though ...

Have a look at the attached robofile which includes your image. Note that the inner rectangle ensures the most complete rectangle within the blob. Note how the lower line of the inner red square is a little short ... that's due to the missing corner pixels. Basically the inner rectangle is the opposite of the bounding box. Does this help a little? Or are you looking for something inbetween?

STeven.
program.robo
Anonymous 16 year
Hello,

How do I get FIND EDGE to work on the image included above?  I'm not getting any results at the moment.  

Note:  I got error in an earlier email when I tried upload an image.

Thank you.
Anonymous 16 year
What do you mean by FIND EDGE? Do you want to find the edge of the image? What module had you been attempting to use?

Sorry about the broken image upload. Should now be fixed.

STeven.
Anonymous 16 year
Hello STeven,

My bad.  I was trying to use Sample Edge to fined the edges/spurs of the white rectangles.  It did not seem to find anything but wil work on a color image.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index