DLink camera
Jerry from United States  [8 posts]
7 year
Hi,
I have a Dlink DCS 5009L web camera on my local network.  The current dlink module does not have this model but I can get a video feed by selecting either the DCS-2012 or DCS 900/920. The 5009L has pan and tilt capabilities but the above models do not have the pan/tile buttons. Is it possible to add the 5009L model to the module.  
Thanks.
Jerry
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Jerry,

You have a couple options here:

1. Send us the camera so that we can test how it communicates to the rest of the world. DLink in the past is known to really change their communications protocol which makes this quite an endeavor for us (thus the need for the actual device).

2. If you plan to purchase more than one, you purchase a second to be delivered to us which we can then send to you once the testing is complete.

3. Convince DLink to send us a demo unit (unlikely). We've tried this before with no success but I add it in case you have better contacts at Dlink than we do!

4. Put your Dlink camera online such that we can access it directly. This would require a setup that does not turn off and is available for a week or so. Thus using a lab or office location is preferred than a home location (to avoid accidentally outtages) as we would need remote access (i.e. through your firewall). If you are a bit of an IT person this can work, otherwise the above options are preferred as setting this up can be very time consuming to get right.

STeven.
Jerry from United States  [8 posts] 7 year
Steve,
If you will email  your address to me I will ship the dlink camera out tomorrow by UPS. Meanwhile I have another camera I can continue to work with.

Jerry...
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 7 year
Emailed an address you can use.

Just for others reading this, its always possible that the Dlink protocol (or any other camera company) has suddenly become something that we just can't integrate with (we've had this only happen once on another system). Keep in mind there are no guarantees that we can get the integration done as some companies structure the communication to prevent external integration on purpose.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index