Area of Multiple Blobs
Juan Pablo Busso from Switzerland  [4 posts]
8 year
Hi there,
Thanks for the great program you have created! I really appreciate the effort put into it. I would like to measure the Area of each of the blobs through an entire video. Since I know the program does calculate the area in pixels of each blob, I would like to know where can I find those values to write them in a variable.

I look forward to your reply,

Best regards,

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
Juan,

It will depend on which module you use. For example, if you use the Geometric_Statistics and select individual blobs a single AREA variable is created which is an array of areas for all individual blobs. This variable can then be selected in Write_Variables or requested via the API depending on what you want to do with it.

STeven.
Juan Pablo Busso from Switzerland  [4 posts] 8 year
Thank you for the advice. However, I need the area for each of them, not for all of them combined.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 8 year
"select individual blobs" checkbox.
Dear STeven,

Thank you very much for your advices. However, I think I am still not super familiar with the software in order to be able to find the box you told me. Did you mean the checkbox in the Geometric Statistics? Cause that one somehow only gives me one Area variable to write later. I need one variable per blob.

All the best,

JP
Now I see what you mean, the variable Area, tells me the Area of all of them! Got it! Thank you very much for all the help!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index