Set Frame Rate
Vince Cross  [5 posts]
9 year
Is there a way to set the frame rate to be a constant value.  Either application wide or as a feature of the Distributor Client/Server module
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Vince,

That's often done at the camera source (i.e. change the camera's parameters to a slower rate). Alternatively you can experiment with the Timer module

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Timer.php

which can be used to slow things down.

What's the reason for the question? Normally its the other way around, i.e. what can I do to speed up the fps?

STeven.
Vince Cross  [5 posts] 9 year
We are doing some experiments and want to keep the framerate constant. We have noticed that fps will vary from 9-15.  To get the best data we would like to set the fps constant for all experiments. We have the camera on the robot and are using the image server to send it to roborealm running on a desktop.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 9 year
Thanks. That makes sense. Obviously if you are not testing the actual network throughput you may want to cable up the robot instead of using wireless which will be a lot more stable.

Also watch what compression format you are using on the robot as the transmission delay will changed based on the image content. Some images will just compress better than others which means less CPU requirements on the robot and less transmission time which will increase the fps.

Lots of variables to consider here .. :-)

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index