mehdi from Iran  [32 posts] 16 year
this is a vi that can be used to get variables from rr.
attention:first run rr api server!
program.robo
Gavin from Ireland  [1 posts] 15 year
Hey! I trying to connect roborealm to labview but im having trouble and Isaw this, the thing is tho I cant use it as its 8.5 and Im using 8.2.1. Im just wondering if you could maybe repost this in an older version???

Regards,
Gavin
mehdi from Iran  [32 posts] 15 year
oh!
u can download labview 8.5 trial version from www.ni.com
then save this vi for an older version. then u can use it in labview 8.2 .
Gavin from Ireland  [4 posts] 15 year
Hey I did wat you said! But i cant get the program to work! I entered 6060 the API server port from roborealm & kept the string at localhost. Then for the data in I entered request>GetVariable("COG_X") *255)/GetVariable("IMAGE_WIDTH"))</request>. Just wondering if you could let me know what Im doing wrong

Regards,
Gavin
Anonymous 15 year
Gavin,

You have the syntax wrong. Be sure to read the API page at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/API.php

You probably are looking for

<request>
  <get_variable>COG_X</get_variable>
</request>

as your is an incorrect combination of the API and the VBScript module.

STeven.
Gavin from Ireland  [4 posts] 15 year
Thanks for that, my program is basicly working, still having a problem getting my variable. It doesnt give me any feed back or variable till  after i close roborealm while the programs working!! is this down to the time delay??
Anonymous 15 year
Gavin,

Are you using the API to receive that variable or using something in vi to do that? It sounds like your receiving of the text information is not being flushed into ni when appropriate. You will need to use a routine in NI that does not wait for a newline \n in order for the function to reply with the received information.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index