Add to this Thread

Steven Gentner from United States 1 year
Kresimir,

It will largely depend on what it looks like when there is a minimal amount of text on the page. For example, you can use the Color_Statistics module which will run in about 40ms and generate a bunch of variables about the image. One could just use MIN_INTENSITY and as long as that is higher than say 30 that could indicate an empty page. But even one black pixel would cause that to be close to zero. So maybe a better indicator is to allow some black (i.e. noise) on the page.

So instead I may use NORMALIZED_SUM_G and check if that value is < 0.85 to at least ensure there is more than just noise pixels on the page but you will have to test a bit to see what value works best for you.

Keep in mind that a pure blank page is all white at an intensity of 255 while and all black page is 0.

STeven.

Pick Avatar
* Question/Comment - Only <b>, <i>, <u> tags are allowed. All others will be escaped.
Use the tags [image1], [image2], etc. to place the images within your question/comment.
Upload Images (.jpg, .png, .gif) < 300K, robofiles (.robo) or Zip files (.zip) < 300K.

If you have any questions/issues about RoboRealm or image processing this is your chance to ask a question. Your question and any responses will be posted to the forum section of the website for others to read and learn from.

Note that any submission will be considered property of RoboRealm. If you do not wish your images to be displayed as part of the RoboRealm site please do not submit those images. Any submission may be removed from the website at the discretion of RoboRealm personnel.