Add to this Thread

Steven Gentner from United States 5 year
Dan,

Yes, it is possible for RR to create a full image from a line scan camera. The easiest way is to ensure that the conveyor or camera movement is VERY consistent so that a line sample can be made in a consistent manner (i.e. every X milliseconds) and that the image alignment doesn't move during the full scan i.e. if the camera is bumped during the scan you will see a serious distortion in the image.

There are various ways to do this depending on your desired result. For example, one could just create a single long image that is used to process for certain qualities or one can also create an image stream of X pixels high that is processed each time a single new line is scanned from the camera. It will also depend on how fast the scene is changing and how intensive the processing rate is for the full image.

Note, because of the slow scan rate, you do need to be very careful of any vibrations, lighting, etc. changes during the scan which are not as much of a concern during single frame captures.

STeven.

Pick Avatar
* Question/Comment - Only <b>, <i>, <u> tags are allowed. All others will be escaped.
Use the tags [image1], [image2], etc. to place the images within your question/comment.
Upload Images (.jpg, .png, .gif) < 300K, robofiles (.robo) or Zip files (.zip) < 300K.

If you have any questions/issues about RoboRealm or image processing this is your chance to ask a question. Your question and any responses will be posted to the forum section of the website for others to read and learn from.

Note that any submission will be considered property of RoboRealm. If you do not wish your images to be displayed as part of the RoboRealm site please do not submit those images. Any submission may be removed from the website at the discretion of RoboRealm personnel.