Add to this Thread

Steven Gentner from United States 3 days
Bob,

As mentioned in my previous post, you are trying to get the module to do something it was NOT built to do. The module will accept several images and take quite a while (i.e. seconds) to train on those images. Even loading and saving the training file is SLOW. So switching to different images on each pipeline iteration will NOT work. The system will slow down too much to be effective.

Instead, you need to better understand what qualities about your images make them different. I.e. if you are switching to different images each pipeline iteration what you are doing is NOT identification BUT verification. That is a different process since you know what image you are expecting and just want to verify that in fact the object is in view.

Have you looked at the Image Match module? That is built to be trained on hundreds of images and return back the one most similar. It uses a VERY different technique than the OR module does and thus is much faster.

The other way is to compare images directly. I.e. load in the image you expect to see using Load Image. Use the Math module to remove known bits and then check to see how much "different" stuff remains in order to quantify the quality of the match. We often use this simple and effective technique for many verification tasks ... note we've NEVER used the OR module in any industrial application to date! Its normally overkill for most tasks.

STeven.

Pick Avatar
* Question/Comment - Only <b>, <i>, <u> tags are allowed. All others will be escaped.
Use the tags [image1], [image2], etc. to place the images within your question/comment.
Upload Images (.jpg, .png, .gif) < 300K, robofiles (.robo) or Zip files (.zip) < 300K.

If you have any questions/issues about RoboRealm or image processing this is your chance to ask a question. Your question and any responses will be posted to the forum section of the website for others to read and learn from.

Note that any submission will be considered property of RoboRealm. If you do not wish your images to be displayed as part of the RoboRealm site please do not submit those images. Any submission may be removed from the website at the discretion of RoboRealm personnel.